The iRobot Roomba 981 Robotic Vacuum Reviewed
The iRobot Roomba 981 Robotic Vacuum is an automated and intelligent vacuum cleaner that can predict your needs even before you have uttered them. This is a home appliance that is meant to make life much easier. You can control it remotely through an app on your phone or even sync it with your Alexa device. The Roomba makes it extremely easy for you to have a spick and span home. Ideally, you should not have to break your back over cleaning and vacuuming your home. The robot is intelligent enough to take care of this and that too on a daily basis. A lot has been said about the Roomba, but does the iRobot Roomba 981 Robotic Vacuum live up to the hype? The following is a brief review that goes over the features of the vacuum cleaner and its pros and cons. But before getting into the details, here’s some information about iRobot.
iRobot, founded in 1990, has been at the helm of the robotics revolution that has today entered the home appliances space and made lives much easier and more convenient. The company began with the vision of making robots user friendly and accessible for everyday, practical use. The Roomba and the Braava (floor-mopping robot) have managed to revolutionize home management. The company claims to have sold over 20 millions household robots around the world and the number is only growing. They are the pioneers of robotics for home improvement. When you consider a Roomba, it is natural that you come with high expectations and have set the bar high, as the company has a body of work in the field of robotics that justifies these expectations. Let’s see if the iRobot Roomba 981 Robotic Vacuum lives up to those expectations.
- Two-Hour Run-Time: The iRobot Roomba 981 Robotic Vacuum is a smart vacuum cleaner that can connect to your Wi-Fi. It runs cordless for two hours and has an aero fore cleaning system, that allows you to recharge and resume cleaning in no time.
- From Your Smartphone: This is a smart vacuum cleaner that can be controlled using simply your smartphone. The iRobot home app allows you to schedule cleaning sessions, set custom preferences and start a cleaning cycle, all from the comfort of an app on your phone.
- Air Power: Thanks to the AeroForce cleaning system, your carpets and rugs can get a thorough cleaning. The carpet boost feature gives the cleaner 10 times more air power so even the tiniest molecules of dust can be sucked in with ease.
- iAdapt 2.0 Navigation: The iAdapt 2.0 navigation system allows the device to make itself visually familiar with its surroundings. It allows the Roomba to move around your home and navigate the area with ease without requiring any prodding or nudging in the right direction from you.
- Automatic Recharge: The Roomba recharges automatically as soon as the power starts to fizzle out and resumes cleaning when there is an adequate charge. It does not require you to get up and put the device on charge, etc.
- Tangle-Free Extractors: Tangle-free extractors allow all the hair, debris and dust to be collected into the cleaner without causing any jams or clogging the bin in the vacuum cleaner.
- Rubber Brushes: The device uses durable rubber brushes that can easily extract any kind of debris with ease. There are two brushes at work here which are deployed for different types of surfaces.
- Corners and Edges: The Roomba is specially angled by 27 degrees so deposits along both, the edges and the corners can be picked up with ease. The edge-cleaning brush is ideal and important for getting all the dust out from the edges of the floor.
- Compatible with Alexa: You can sync the device with Alexa and have the Amazon home system take care of all the commands so you do not have to bother. It simply requires a voice command and the Roomba can get right down to work.
- Extras: The device comes with two dual-mode virtual wall barriers, a high-efficiency filter, an extra side brush, as well as a docking station so you can store it properly.
- It has an incredible three-stage cleaning system which includes tangle-free extractors, incredible suction power and an edge-cleaning brush, especially angled by 27-degrees, for overall cleaning.
- The high-efficiency filter can absorb as much as 99% of the allergens, dust mites, pollen and other minute particles that are up to 10 microns in size.
- You can clean your floors practically every day, without moving too many muscles. Ask Alexa to take care of the chore or control the Roomba through your phone.
- The Roomba is ideal for homes with pets where there is bound to be a lot of hair and fur being shed.
- Some consumers were unhappy with the customer service of the product and were not happy with the manufacturers or sellers/distributors.
- The Roomba often beeps at night, which may disturb your sleep, if it is around you (and certainly make the night a lot more eerie).
From the features described above and the pros that have been listed below it, it is evident that the iRobot Roomba 981 Robotic Vacuum has a lot to offer. It is a smart, innovative and intelligent robot that does not get in the way and also goes beyond its brief to serve you well. You can control it through a voice command on Alexa or you can simply download the application on your smartphone and control the vacuum cleaner from anywhere. The robot also does not stop cleaning until it is satisfied. It will make its way back to the charging dock and as soon as it has adequate charge, it will return to the job and finish it. It is ideal for cleaning out even thick carpets and rugs and is a real boon for pet owners. By using the Roomba every day, you do not need to worry about allergies and respiratory troubles, at least from anything inside your home. This is a great investment and comes highly recommended.